Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm getting further along on my motor assembly and wanted to get some opinions on valve covers for my 302. Now, I realize that most of you are of the opinion that the z/28 aluminum valve covers are the ONLY way to go - I respect that, and you may convince me....however, I decided to go with the comp cams 1.52:1 roller tip rockers, I'm not sure if I like the pcv valve hose running across the front of the motor, I would need to use spacers to clear rocker arms (more seams means more potential leaks), and they are pretty pricey. I saw a set of edelbrock covers with the same nastolgic finned tops, cheaper, taller, etc. Finally, the covers that came on this motor when I purchased it had drippers, the rockers were clearly hitting the inside of the covers because they were all scaped-up in there, there's even a crack inside one of them that someone tried to repair with gasket sealer - I'm definitely not going for that look... What do 'ya guys think? I'd love to see some pics if you are not running finned z/28 covers. Thanks very much for your input...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts