1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is the way mine is on my 67 camaro.. Pointing down..

[This message has been edited by Black 67 (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I prefer the first pic where they are pointing down. My 68 has Flowmaster mandrel bent tail pipes and you can hardly see them coming out, just 1/2" exposed under the rear fender. But I don't know which one is correct anyway.

[This message has been edited by ORENCH (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Registered
31 Posts
curved down, listed as such in every reputable restoration catalog, assembly manual. Like most other things guys like to show off there pipes

X

·
0 Posts
Down looks alot nicer

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM Package- TH350
<LI>1970 Cadillac Hearse - 472 BB automatic 375hp
<LI>2000 Gmc Sonoma - 5-speed 4.10 rear
[/list]

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i persoanally like invisible tailpipes- gives it that sleeper image. but if you are after original. i think they turn down.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

·
Registered
15 Posts
Down if you go off the pics but the pipes on the blue one looked cheap! If you go stainless with some nice tips and DONT let them go past the rear valance it looks good!
...and with stainless and a little metal polish they will look gorgous! Facing them down will give you a little more sound to the car as well.... Its yor ride!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't think you can look at them out your rear, you're gonna have to use your eyes to looks at the tailpipes. ok, so that was really stupid. The first is stock for 67, no idea what stock 68 looks like but I doubt that pic is correct.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Be sure to add some coffee cans to the tips. I hear they are worth 15 hp

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, thnx for all the responses. I got the shop to put on dual flo-pro's. They did a great job but man I was standing there for 7-1/2 hours overseeing them put the system on from the headers back. Once the mufflers were on, I did a sound check and man it sounded great. Then when everything was hung and in place they added the H-pipe across the pipes I can't believe the sound difference (not sure if I like it as much). I got the tips pointing down out of the back of the car. My assembly manual didn't show how far those little babies should hang down so I went with 2" down from the lower portion of the quarter and it looks good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts