Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts

·
13,742 Posts
The one Don Posted is a 5 Pin. Tou cab use a 4 Pin.

Wire it so the NSS in the TKO closes the ground side of the relay

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
Just leave the fifth pin unused. It’s that easy.... :)

Don

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. The wiring is kicking my butt. I am semi ok with following the AAW classic update directions, but I get super confused integrating the GMPP harness and now the TKO. I have the wiring for the battery relocation completed but am confused if I still need to wire the alternator and starter solenoid per AAW directions. I have the AAW loose red wire routed to the GMPP main stud and the AAW loose 12v pink ignition routed to the GMPP 12v pink ignition.

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
That should be fine.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
Just don’t try to power your fans off that GMPP stud. The wire gauge in the AAW kit is too small.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
Check. Should I use the GMPP blue blue wire marked fan? Thanks
What fan controller are you using? Or are you using the GMPP to control the fans?

Don

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts

·
13,742 Posts

·
13,742 Posts
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. The wiring is kicking my butt. I am semi ok with following the AAW classic update directions, but I get super confused integrating the GMPP harness and now the TKO. I have the wiring for the battery relocation completed but am confused if I still need to wire the alternator and starter solenoid per AAW directions. I have the AAW loose red wire routed to the GMPP main stud and the AAW loose 12v pink ignition routed to the GMPP 12v pink ignition. View attachment 263809
You do not wire the starter like the AAW instructions. You do not use the yellow. It is only used for points ignitions. I already told you how to run the purple to the F-Solenoid and tapped to the starter S terminal. Running a jumper to the S terminal from the BATT terminal will work (like non LS starters) but some say it will cause a second or 2 run on with the LS starter as the BATT cable discharges. I don't think so but I don't use a jumper just in case.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You do not wire the starter like the AAW instructions. You do not use the yellow. It is only used for points ignitions. I already told you how to run the purple to the F-Solenoid and tapped to the starter S terminal. Running a jumper to the S terminal from the BATT terminal will work (like non LS starters) but some say it will cause a second or 2 run on with the LS starter as the BATT cable discharges. I don't think so but I don't use a jumper just in case.
Thanks for the clarification on the starter. I have the F- solenoid all wired up just lIke you suggested. Hopefully I didn’t miss or mess something up.

·
13,742 Posts
Just use logic. It's not Rocket Science. Starter. Goal 12v to motor and 12v to S term when ke is in start position. Factor in Purple from Ignition to NSS to F- Solenoid and Starter and the solution becomes obvious.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Just use logic. It's not Rocket Science. Starter. Goal 12v to motor and 12v to S term when ke is in start position. Factor in Purple from Ignition to NSS to F- Solenoid and Starter and the solution becomes obvious.
Thanks John I appreciate yours and Don’s help.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts

·
13,742 Posts
Thought it might make it easier. I will just go with the relay.
You can use this one if you ant to buy fom Summit

Reactions: frog7151
21 - 40 of 40 Posts