Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at the assembly manual diagram and have a couple wires that I can not figure out. Under dash harness, all the way to the passenger side. Not a whole lot left over here. Two orange wires exit the harness in the same spot one for the cig lighter, and the other has been cut so there is no end on it. It has constant power. The other question is in the same area 2 longer wires together in an L connector orange and white. These are at the end of my harness. I have never needed any of these wires, but would like some clarification to what they are. thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Not knowing what year were talking about I would guess single orange wire is possibly glove box light and longer white and orange wire is pass. door dome lamp switch.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
orange is always the clock courtesy lighter circuit. It goes to the lighter, the power side of the dome and courtesy lights (lamps only, it doesn't go to the switches) and the optional clock and or glove box light.

White is always and only the "ground side" of the courtesy light circuit. It goes to all the courtesy lamps, and to the door switches.

You've kinda lost me on the L shaped connector on the passenger side of the car tho... A standard coupe would only have a white wire, and it would have a round pin connector on it. A vert, or a coupe with the optional under dash lights, would have this single white wire plus a buld socket with a white and an orange wire. The bulb socket is part of the harness.

The underdash lighting has an L shaped connector with an orange and a white wire, but it's on the driver side of the car!

The console, all consoles, have a large 2 row connector containing all the circuits used, including the courtesy light in the rear of the console.

I've never seen or heard of a firstgen camaro console with a lighter in it.

·
Retired
16,041 Posts
Also, if it has a console from factory there would be a group of wires with a plug on it to power the various console elec. items, not just one wire. I wonder if his "L" is the cig. lighter end, mine is kinda 'L' shaped rubber round tip on the end. ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a single white that does go to the passenger door jamb courtesy. The L connector is basically two flat blade connectors perpendicular to one another both in the same female type. Maybe it does belong on the driver side, except that it comes out of the harness after the cig lighter, and other orange cut wire.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

if theres no lighter in the console. can someone tell me what this hole in console is. first pic is under console. second is from the top view.with the console door open.it is beveled not clearly in pics tho.guy who i got it from said it was a original console and gave me it 5 years ago.he said there was a lighter there.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
so what goes in the 67 console that i have?not many original consoles out there. now they finally got the repops out there which this isnt.the 67 camaro wiring diagrams i got dont show for console. guess it is a body fisher manuel will show it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i`m not much of a wiring nut, jim...lmao...but thats why i come to you with those questions...i went to school to be an electrician...even got 2 yrs in my apprenticeship...NOT FOR ME!!!rotflmao...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

is this your connector but in female form to connect this 2? if it is it is a connector for the optional console with a courtest light in rear of console.as for the other wire i called ricks first gen today to comfirm there is a lighter inside the glove box. thats my hole in other pic to confirm that there is a lighter inside the console door. (you never see inside a console at a show):thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That solves it for me hereitis67. thanks for the post. I suppose my car must have had a console at one time. Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
your welcome very much.your car may or may not of had the option but even with cars now the wiring has for all options there or not.so that way if a car with these options and a buyer wanted another option the wires are there for it.than dealer can just put it into car without wiring inside of dash. like a new computer just plug and play .:beers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts