Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some BF goodriches last year and now the white lettering is turning brown from the top of the lettering. I scrubbed the heck out of them but nothing. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I bought some BF goodriches last year and now the white lettering is turning brown from the top of the lettering. I scrubbed the heck out of them but nothing. Any suggestions.
Wesley's Bleach White will work,but a word of caution.......keep the spray to a minimum around painted surfaces(avoid too much overspray on the wheels) and rinse it off of paint and wheels immediately.

David F

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that available in any auto parts store or is it a specialty item?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
just wondering - have you used Amor All on those?
I have seen Amor All tires sit in high heat and humidity turn tires brown rather quickly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is garage kept and not driven frequently so the sun theory wouldn't work. I don't have aluminum wheels so I should be OK there.

It's just weird to me that tires a year old and maybe have 60 miles in them that the white lettering is turning brown on all four tires from the top of the lettering. I am wondering if it is some kind of defect. I'll give the Wesley's/SOS/Simple Green/WD-40 solutions a try.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
The car is garage kept and not driven frequently so the sun theory wouldn't work. I don't have aluminum wheels so I should be OK there.

It's just weird to me that tires a year old and maybe have 60 miles in them that the white lettering is turning brown on all four tires from the top of the lettering. I am wondering if it is some kind of defect. I'll give the Wesley's/SOS/Simple Green/WD-40 solutions a try.
Give BFG a call or e-mail them with your issue. Mybe it is something they know about or they can help.

·
Retired
26,645 Posts
Start with the SOS pads, just don't stick the box under the kitchen sink unless you want the wife to throw a pan at you! ;) It's inexpensive, it's easy to use, scrub the whole tire not just the white letters. It's old school and works and it's easy to get close to the rim of the wheel without getting the rim itself. Keep the pad wet and replace it if you run out of soap.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
bleach white and a brass brush.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Start with the SOS pads ... It's old school and works and it's easy to get close to the rim of the wheel without getting the rim itself. Keep the pad wet and replace it if you run out of soap.

Next you're going to be telling him to wipe the tires with Brake-fluid to get them to shine DjD l:)

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I've had good results with WD-40 on a rag and scrubbing the white letters.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried the WD-40, because that's what I had in the garage, and it worked great.

Is there anything that stuff can't do?? I am going to start a thread on bench racing for WD-40 uses.

Thanks Guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts