Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 67 camaro RS/SS 396 with a turbo 400 matching numbers car about 6 Months ago and it has the special paint code on the trim tag 02 you can see that it was a Silver car from the factory when I removed the front fenders and some other parts you can tell it come from the factory with silver paint but when I put it on the rotisserie the bottom of the car is blue could they have done this from the factory I would like to find someone that could come out and document my car I live in Atlanta area thank you!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Please post a pic of Trim Tag information and detailed pictures of engine tranny and rear end pics and you should verify Vin # matches partial vin on your car.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I bought a 67 camaro RS/SS 396 with a turbo 400 matching numbers car about 6 Months ago and it has the special paint code on the trim tag 02 you can see that it was a Silver car from the factory when I removed the front fenders and some other parts you can tell it come from the factory with silver paint but when I put it on the rotisserie the bottom of the car is blue could they have done this from the factory I would like to find someone that could come out and document my car I live in Atlanta area thank you!!
Why not take it out to a couple car shows and see if there any local experts?
If you think your car might be investment grade, then a professional appraisal by a Camaro expert may be worth the expense.

Here is one expert who can travel to you. A few people here have used him.

http://z28camaro.com/wp/consulting-service/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will post some pictures of the trim tag and motor numbers the turbo 400 does not have any vin numbers stamped on it but it does have the date cods and so does the rear end I was reading on the site CRG that not all turbo 400 transmissions had the vin stamp on them but the motor does have the partial van stamp on it. I will try to get in touch with the guy that you sent me the link to. Again thanks for all the help and information

1 - 8 of 8 Posts