Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd ask ?
I Enjoy building model cars I figured most of us do . Show your stuff if you can .
http:/hometown.aol.com/c1run1/

·
Registered
264 Posts
I build 1/24th every once ina while but my love is the diecast 1/18th i had about 50 and then 6 or 7 1/24th 3 crystal models and 4 first gens. Exoticar is the place to find them and prices are pretty good. Ive been collecting them since i was 4 i got a SL500 and my newest was an escalade. It might seem like a long time but im 15 remember. When i get my own place they will go everywhere around the house or apartment.
Tim

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've got an ERTEL model of my car, that's got everything matching on it, right down to the licence plates and numbers. took the plates off the real car and put them in a color copier, and reduced he size till they fit the model. The model only comes with he black stripes, so they had to be painted over with white.I also made a console for it, as i've got an automatic trans & meters too. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/albumindex?u=1536714&a=12960528

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have 38 model cars that i have built since i was 10 years old. all but 1 are 1/25 and 1/24 scale the other is a 1/12 scale 69 Z/28 from monagram(?). here lately it has been hard to find time to build them. it is one of my favorite pass times though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just bought a model of a 68 rs/ss off of Ebay. It is made by Palmer Plastics. I am not sure what year it was made but it is old. The original price printed on the box is for $1.79 so it has to be old. In fact building models as a kid is what made me fall in love with the Camaro. Erik

S

·
0 Posts
c1run1, I'll bet the majority of us have built/are building models. 68RS/SS396, check ebay after/if Jeff Gordon wins 8 titles. I have a new in the box/wrapper with the price sticker Chromalusion car that will be up for bid.

------------------

67 Nemesix

·
Registered
73 Posts
i've just finished building the same baldwin motion camaro that "HawaiianCamaro" was talking about. working on a corvette c5-r racer now, i'll see how that one turns out. i have about a dozen, and about half as many in the 1/24 bone yard, those didnt turn out as good, but just like real life i can swap parts. a good source for blown big blocks, too bad i can't use 'em.

·
Registered
177 Posts
c1run1- awesome work! That Chevelle is beautiful, as is the Camaro. I still have tons of them up in the closet. I get the itch to work on them quite a bit, but don't have the time. Even tougher is trying to explain to my 3 and 6 year olds why they can't "help".
I've been buying models for my son to build- they usually live for about 3 or 4 days before they're crashed into a bazillion pieces. And they wonder why I won't let them near my die-casts!

I'll take some pics of mine and post them here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts