Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a '67 RS.
I am looking at front and rear aftermarket sub frames and just can't get off the idea of installing an IRS. Threads I found were 2+ years old but were opinions not experience.

Who has installed one? Which one? What would you do different? How much mod to the car?
- Dave

·
Premium Member
4,369 Posts
I installed an Art Morrison IRS in my 69. Comes with its own subframe to replace the thin gauge rear frame rails. Relatively easy install but floors odds were needed. They have a new compact version that doesn't need floor mods. No miles yet, hopefully later this year. Very well engineered multilink IRS.

Don

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed an Art Morrison IRS in my 69. Comes with its own subframe to replace the thin gauge rear frame rails. Relatively easy install but floors odds were needed. They have a new compact version that doesn't need floor mods. No miles yet, hopefully later this year. Very well engineered multilink IRS.

Don
Don
Thanks , I'll give them a call.
- Dave

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
I have a speedtech front subframe and a ridetech rear 4-link. All with adjustable coilovers. I love it. Although i havnt driven the car yet lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Have the AME IRS Package with the Strange Dana 60 Diff along with their front subframe on my 69 Hurst Edition SS427 Camaro, went in relatively smooth, had previously installed DSE Mini tubs and Subframe Connectors, handles great, a blast to drive....

My wife's 69 Camaro is a SS 854 with a 2006 Z06 Corvette IRS Transaxle and Custom AME full Frame, along with squeezing in two Ls7's in the front, adapting the Z06 Transaxle and RPM Built 4l60e into the stock Camaro body was too much of a challenge, we had to "Widebody" the rear Quarters 1" but the now the AMD aluminum rear bumper fit tight. Had to make the side gills functional for fresh air intake for the Tranny Coolers. also was tough finding 12' x 20' wheels with 10 1/2" backspacing but thanks to American Racing she handles pretty decent for 4,000 lb. and 1,200 HP (Pump Gas, Mufflers, naturally aspirated), but the Wife doesn't let me take her out on the road much, except maybe when she's out of town....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I Have the AME IRS Package with the Strange Dana 60 Diff along with their front subframe on my 69 Hurst Edition SS427 Camaro, went in relatively smooth, had previously installed DSE Mini tubs and Subframe Connectors, handles great, a blast to drive....

My wife's 69 Camaro is a SS 854 with a 2006 Z06 Corvette IRS Transaxle and Custom AME full Frame, along with squeezing in two Ls7's in the front, adapting the Z06 Transaxle and RPM Built 4l60e into the stock Camaro body was too much of a challenge, we had to "Widebody" the rear Quarters 1" but the now the AMD aluminum rear bumper fit tight. Had to make the side gills functional for fresh air intake for the Tranny Coolers. also was tough finding 12' x 20' wheels with 10 1/2" backspacing but thanks to American Racing she handles pretty decent for 4,000 lb. and 1,200 HP (Pump Gas, Mufflers, naturally aspirated), but the Wife doesn't let me take her out on the road much, except maybe when she's out of town....
Fantastic build! Id be ecstatic with just one 427!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts