Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has tried the Comp Engineering traction bars for a 69 Z ???? The ad in Summit makes them sound like a good deal..Part no. cee2001
has J bolts..... How far forward do the rubber snubber go do they meet the springs up by the front spring mount??? and do they work??? I got to keep this rear end from jumping all around
HELP pls.

------------------
keepin' it original 69Z

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the competition engineering bars on my 67. The snubber hits right on the front under the bolt through the spring. They replace the plate that bolts the springs to the rear and the shocks mount directly to them. They were an easy bolt on with all hardware included. Had to bend the brake lines a little to get the J-bolts through. I trimmed the snubbers down to keep the front of the bars up closer to the spring.My car has monoleafs and the wheel hop would jar your teeth out of your head before I put them on. No wheel hop now and it hooks really well although its not that fast.([email protected])
Stephen

------------------
67 RS/SS 350 700R4
69 SS clone unfinished
72 454 Weekend Racer

[This message has been edited by squarles (edited 09-02-2000).]

·
20,666 Posts
I have Lakewoods and looks simular to the Comp.Eng. although they did help some,it takes time to adjust properly to hook and launch straight.snubbers should be offset front to back and you'll have to adjust to your set-up.

------------------
My68Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.