Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna see your setup. can u post any pics? thanks!

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I want to say that all it is, is just a cheap clear plastic gas line filter mounted flat in the hose before the PCV deal so that you can look through it to see what oil is in it.

But I may be off here??

pdq67

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's no need for one if you have a good set of Valve covers with good baffels. I just resently replaced my Dart ones w/no baffles in favor for some nice GM chrome with factory style baffles. and im runnin big rockers too. Threw the oil seperator in the trash. No more worries. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I use that Dodge Style Baffle on the Psgr Side Valve Cover and hose into the Base Plate of the Air Breather. Strangely enough I've found that I don't require an Oil Baffle on the Driver's Valve Cover where I mount the PCV Valve. I think it is because my Stud Girdle which lays very near the top of the Valve Cover acts like a Baffle or say a Separator.

Keep in mind that the PCV Valve does not function when you are on the throttle as there is no vacuum but if you run a hose from the Psgr Valve Cover Breather to the Base of the Air Breather the air rushing into the Carb will work as a syphon to relieve the Crank Case Pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts