Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Who sells correct repo 14x7 trim rings for 69 rally wheels.
Looking for ones that have the correct raised inner lip like the originals.
Thanks
-Doug

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Heartbeat City used to have refurbished ones for @ $200 ea l:)

Check with our site sponsor 'Ground Up' they should have them for @ $100 or so.
Ricks and the others also usually carry them.
The newer ones have a different clip style, but the outer bead looks pretty close to the originals.

I have a few street sets that I use for most driving. Then one nice set of originals wrapped up for the 'someday' car show needs...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks guys. I will call Heartbeat city tomorrow and see if they have what I'm looking for. Wheel Vintiques as far as i saw do not have the correct inner lip. But maybe I'm wrong. Anyone know.
-Doug

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hey thanks guys. I will call Heartbeat city tomorrow and see if they have what I'm looking for...
-Doug
I truthfully wouldn't buy Five dollar bills from Jim if he was selling them for $1 ;)
Make sure you know EXACTLY what he is going to send you and get it in writting (send an email and save his response) before giving CC or sending money - if you find him hard to deal with 'before' he has your money, wait 'til you try 'after' he does :(
He's very proud of everything he sells - your reaction/results may differ l:)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kevin wouldn't that trim ring listed on e-bay just be for the SS wheel and not the rally wheel? I thought all of the Rally wheel trim rings had the inner turned up lip where it meets the inner part of the steel wheel? And yes I'm going to buy with extreme caution. You really need the seller to open the box and measure. Thanks all.
-Doug

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Along these lines... my Camaro still has the orignal 14x7 wheels and rings. The rings need a good buff and some dings knocked out.

Anyone know of a place that would do this work?

·
11,280 Posts
Steve, stainless is easy to buff once you've practiced! You can do it yourself! If the dings are under the supports, then that is tricky! I have always wanted to try that. I have collected a bunch of scraped trim rings to practice on, but have not had the time. :(

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Kevin. That thread makes sense of it all. I will just get the ones as you mentioned above that are for sale.
Thanks guys for the help.
-Doug

·
11,280 Posts
Doug, I just read that ebay add again. Those are the correct shape and size, but they are chrome plated over steel. The originals are just buffed stainless steel. These would be too shiney for the original look of cross hatched buffing. But the look is up to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts