Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That pretty much say's it!

I know I will need more tire than my 255/45-17's so I want a real slick on a cheap secondary rim is all.

pdq67

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,443 Posts
Is it possible to run a 15 or 16" wheel/slick with your particular rear brakes? That's what nearly all the late model guys do, much better selection of wheels and slicks. I haven't even seen 17" slicks, DR's are available though; then again I haven't looked for them in a bit.

Jody

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jody,

I honestly don't know if a 16" rim will fit over my homemade "pdqCBB" rears w/ 11.75" rotors and Cad. Seville e-brake calipers??

pdq67

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
aren't the LS1 Camaro guys running 15" rims over their stock rear brakes at the track?
do you have any stock 15" wheels laying around? if so, see how it clears.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'm running 15" Torque Thrust D's over my 12.19" Wilwood Dynalite Pros. (I'll need bigger wheels when I get around to redoing the front brakes)

·
Registered
795 Posts
aren't the LS1 Camaro guys running 15" rims over their stock rear brakes at the track?
do you have any stock 15" wheels laying around? if so, see how it clears.
Yep, us LS1 guys are running 15" rear wheels with a little grinding on the caliper.:D Unless you can afford some Bogarts. Unfortunately I couldn't so I broke out the grinder.:yes:

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
there's gotta be a cheap 15" wheel that clears- after all, the LS1 Camaro rear brakes look very similar to the rear brakes from my 94 Caprice except for the wheel bolt pattern- and that had 15" wheels on it stock.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna have to make a cardboard rim template to check to see for sure!!

Just like I did for my fronts..

It's a pain but work's great..

pdq67

1 - 10 of 10 Posts