Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of QA1's and I was told to put in the 550 lb. springs. I think I should have gone with 450 lb. springs. To get the ride height that I wanted I had to drop the adjustment as far down as the threads would allow. What are you guys running?

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Re: who's running QA1's on a BB first gen?

I've been looking at the QA1's

Do you have aluminum heads? What is the ride height from fender lip to the center of the wheel?

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts

Although I have a small block, the adjustment does change the ride height. Mine came from Jegs for a small block and at the bottom of the adjustment was way too low. Don't know the spring rate offhand.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts

That does seem a little high
My Hotckis front springs have me at about 13-13 1/2".

I would have used the 550lb springs too. Its worth a call to QA1.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I have QA1s and a BBC and I used the 550s. I am a bit higher than I might want, but when I measured my lowest point on my suspension I was under 4", I raised it up a bit and am now about 5". From a looks stand point the car looks high, but I'd rather not rub on the street all over.

I am however using ATS spindles which lower the front a bit and aftermarket rear suspension (G-Bar).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the QA1 Pro Coil Systems 1 for my '69 SS 396 which I'm still in the process of finishing. My question is will it be low enough with the stock spindles or will I need to go with drop spindles?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts