Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I developed a oil leak on the passenger side where the intake of the PCV system comes out of the air cleaner and into the valve cover. It seems to me that if anything it should leak on the other side, where it comes out of the valve cover and into the intake manifold. I mean if you take it out for a putt and get on it at all you can see smoke come up around the hood and there will be oil on the firewall, all up in the runners of the intake, everywhere. ... Any ideas ...Anybody.... Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Check the PCV system and make sure you have vacuum to the valve and make sure the valve isnt plugged. If there is pluggage the engine could be presurizing the crankcase and blowing oil out around the gaskets.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
After doing the above and everything is normal to a compression test followed by a leak down check. Both of these will give you a very good indication of piston ring sealing. If it's leaking air past the rings it's definetly blowing compression past and causing your problem. Only one way to find out and that's to do the test's.

Joe

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks guys for your input. I ended up replacing all the grommets, pcv valve, hoses, and air filter. Seems to be working okay so far.
If I could figure out how, I'd put up some pics of my car. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts