Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Camaro RS/SS 350 Convertible - Original colors of Granada Gold exterior and gold interior.
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered two different lines from NPD and neither has the correct bend for the carburetor. One is PN C-3163-01A, the other is PN C-3163-12A. I have a 350 with a Rochester carburetor and the fuel inlet for the carb is facing forward. Both these lines have the carb bend at 90 degrees from where mine is, and the first number I gave is too large (3/8); the second is right size (5/16), but isn't correct for the carb bend. Am I missing something? I even tried to find a right angle flared fitting for the carb, but so far, no luck. HELP!
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
511 Posts
Make your own fuel line using CUNIFER tubing. Easy to work with. Just a copper looking color versus a steel steel tube, if you are concerned about its looks.

Other option is to contact Online Tube and talk to them on the phone. They probably have seen this previously and can get you the right line. They will want all details on car, engine and carb.

·
3,579 Posts
What is the part number on your carb ? As far as I know all Chevy Quadrajets have the fuel inlet to the side. I am pretty sure your carb is for a Buick / Olds / Pontiac. You will probably have to bend your own line if you want to keep it.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
What is the part number on your carb ? As far as I know all Chevy Quadrajets have the fuel inlet to the side. I am pretty sure your carb is for a Buick / Olds / Pontiac. You will probably have to bend your own line if you want to keep it.
That's your problem. Wrong carburetor.

Don't blame the parts vendor, blame whoever put that carb on your engine.

·
Premium Member
68 SS/RS, 460 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
621 Posts
If it is Buick....perhaps get a line for that model, and that should have the bend that you want.

·
3,579 Posts
If it is Buick....perhaps get a line for that model, and that should have the bend that you want.
That wont work because it is a Chevy engine. Buick has fuel pump in a different location :( He just needs to bend one himself or get a Chevy carburetor. He hasn't been on the site for over 5 days so I dont know if we will find out what happened :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts