Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have met a few people from the Team Chevelle site when they came to the Philly area on business but that was years ago. I don't usually find anyone from my area.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We have a Coffee and Cars in Vegas every Saturday and get at least 300 cars. Everything from Muscle Cars to Ferraris and Lambos along with everything in between. Model As to Lowriders.
I am planning on going to "Coffee and Cars" as soon as I can get one of my cars going.

Reactions: yellow69RS

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have met a few people from the Team Chevelle site when they came to the Philly area on business but that was years ago. I don't usually find anyone from my area.
Years ago I met Fred Ficarra near Seattle at a dragstrip. I was on a job in Longview, Washington, over 1000 miles from home (Nashville).
I filmed him racing his 69 Camaro and met some of his friends. Later I barely missed meeting George "Kettbo" Kettler who has a build thread about his 68 Camaro.
I still hear from George every now and then.

Reactions: yellow69RS

·
Premium Member
14,366 Posts
I had several guys come by the car when we were at the MCACN show in Chicago.
It was an amazing show as usual.
And as usual I was unable to find Charley L.
I was able to meet xplant dad but he was pretty busy and couldnt talk long, I also caught up with Stefano (he is a man of very few words). I found pacecar Jeff right away he is a blast. trland helped me find rogerh and his Mod Top Camaro, what a nice car as well as Roger we had a great visit what a nice guy.
Here's me and Roger and trland (Mike) and one of me and pacecarjeff
Roger

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have met one or two guys from NJ. (I'm in Pa). Good smart hot rodders who are serious. These are the kind of people I like. I am fed up with the users and BS artists and they have turned me off to going to meet people. You help the user until his car is done and then you never hear from them again.
The BS artist is the worst, " I built this from the ground up"! When? It wasn't in you garage a month ago and I know you are too cheap to buy tools.so when did you build it?
Or the " My car is actually a 67 Z/28 RS/SS LT-1 with a factory 327 and secret GM saginaw. one two of them built, Jay Leno has the other.
I just get tired of dealing with people, I'm not a purist but having owned camaros since 1973 don't BS me and don't tell me how I should have built my car, I don't care if you don't like the BD tail lights or the finned aluminum under the hood.
Rant off.

·
Premium Member
1967 Camaro SS 350
538 Posts
I have met one or two guys from NJ. (I'm in Pa). Good smart hot rodders who are serious. These are the kind of people I like. I am fed up with the users and BS artists and they have turned me off to going to meet people. You help the user until his car is done and then you never hear from them again.
The BS artist is the worst, " I built this from the ground up"! When? It wasn't in you garage a month ago and I know you are too cheap to buy tools.so when did you build it?
Or the " My car is actually a 67 Z/28 RS/SS LT-1 with a factory 327 and secret GM saginaw. one two of them built, Jay Leno has the other.
I just get tired of dealing with people, I'm not a purist but having owned camaros since 1973 don't BS me and don't tell me how I should have built my car, I don't care if you don't like the BD tail lights or the finned aluminum under the hood.
Rant off.
That is extremely funny and so true. We should get the Jersey and PA Camaros together. I know they do the cars and coffee in NJ but you have to buy a ticket in advance. We could roll in there and hang out as a group or a couple of guys/gals could meet up somewhere else. I am in North Jersey specifically Long Hill.

Derek

·
Registered
283 Posts
That is extremely funny and so true. We should get the Jersey and PA Camaros together. I know they do the cars and coffee in NJ but you have to buy a ticket in advance. We could roll in there and hang out as a group or a couple of guys/gals could meet up somewhere else. I am in North Jersey specifically Long Hill.

Derek
The other thing that was/is cool about NJ is that there is a local radio station in south Jersey that did a oldies/hot rod show with local rodders being interviewed. I can't recall the call sign but I would pick up the show on RT 40 around Winston or Elmer when I was headed toward Pleasantville.

·
Premium Member
5,435 Posts
This thread reminded me of a member who went by his real name way back when I joined the forum. He chapped a lot of people and sort of made a nuisance of himself. At some point he decided he had chapped a few too many folks and changed his username to something other than his real name. I think he also deleted his location…. :)

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,317 Posts
Mike this is a great idea. I like it. By the way, in case no one knows yet, my name is Brett. I live in Texas. I build Rockets. Maybe we will see one fly soon! 🚀 🚀 🚀 Oh, yeah. and I have a 69 SS396 Camaro!
Brett....
Brett... You and anyone in Alaska certainly would have the biggest region to deal with LOL. I've spent enough time in Texas to be amazed at how big that state is. Back when I was working I did a lot of travel to the Lubbock area and worked with the Texas Instruments R&D people. Had a boating/fishing friend who lived in McAllen and also had a place in South Padre Island where he kept his boat. Did some offshore fishing down there. Have some cousins in the Dallas area as well. And by the way folks, my name is Mike and I currently live in Western Massachusetts (I'm originally a Jersey Boy), retired Advanced R&D/Marketing VP for Hasbro Games/Milton Bradley. See, people don't have to post their phone numbers or street addresses, just the "region" and others would have a general idea of who's in their region.

Mike

·
Registered
292 Posts
This same discussion has been going on in the Corvair Forum.

No consensus over there either. Post what you want of your regarding location and name as you desire it seems in both forums. Some will and some won't be convinced what is really needed in the signature section. Help will be there when asked for but may be less than ideal if location is missing.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
There’s quite a few Mikes or Michael’s?
I’m probably the opposite of the original intended inquiry.
Im admittedly, perhaps too open /honest for some,
and certainly not anonymous.
I’m just a welder from a small town in Texas.
Im just here to see and hear what real car guys do, but mainly first gen Camaros.
Lots of good information, helpful people that have interesting conversations.
I don’t do fakebook…..maybe after I fix everything that’s broken or doesn’t run.
There’s no one close.
Don is probably closest but I don’t have time to try to bug him, and he doesn’t have time to educate me.
Team Camaro……I’m on third string, LMAO
I go by Michael, to honor my Mom, because she gave me that name…..no other reason.
13 grand kids call me Pawpaw.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
The more demand there is to know everything about each and every member, the more secretive some will get, me included.

In other words, Mind Your Own Business.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This thread reminded me of a member who went by his real name way back when I joined the forum. He chapped a lot of people and sort of made a nuisance of himself. At some point he decided he had chapped a few too many folks and changed his username to something other than his real name. I think he also deleted his location…. :)
Hmmmm..... :censored:

·
Premium Member
5,435 Posts
Hmmmm..... :censored:
LMAO. Then there’s guys with two usernames. One is the good cop, the other is the bad cop…. :p

I live so far off the grid no one can find me…. ;)

Don

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
LMAO. Then there’s guys with two usernames. One is the good cop, the other is the bad cop…. :p

Don
Yeah like there are mountains north of Dallas, Throw them off the track.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The more demand there is to know everything about each and every member, the more secretive some will get, me included.

In other words, Mind Your Own Business.
LL, I don't think anyone is expecting to be invited for dinner. Letting people know where you live is nice IMHO. One mod emailed asking about Nashville.

·
15,491 Posts

Don
you are. dillusional if you believe so.

in 10 minutes I can find your address, the name of your 1st born and much more.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts

Sounds creepy!!

For me, keeping the circle small just makes life so much easier. You can read that as less drama in my life because I'm not being subjected to yours.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Sometimes the more you know about people, the more you dislike them. My favorite kind of book is mystery. I think that is the way many people should stay. If people look through my post they can figure out where I'm at. Nothing wrong with a need to know basis.

Reactions: 69Z28

·
Premium Member
5,435 Posts

I was joking. It’s no secret where I am. However Google maps will leave you about a half mile from our lane… :p

Don

21 - 40 of 45 Posts