Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we just got our third notice in the mail from the Census Bureau demanding to know what we use our Denali for, what we haul in it, how it's configured ect.
They're calling it a Vehicle Inventory and use survey.
They want to know when we bought it.
They ask for Physical Characteristics of the vehicle. WHY DON'T YOU GOOGLE IT A-HOLES. really?????
They want to know what transmission
How many axles, basically everything that they can find out through google. It's a 2001 GMC Denali, it's not hard.
But it doesn't end there, they want to know how many months out of the year we use it, how many hours a day.
They want to know WHERE IT'S PARKED!!!!!
Then they slide in with "How many other vehicles are used from this home base"?
How many miles did we drive it last year.
Who did the maintenance. And how much did it cost.
Where do we fuel it.
What we use it for.
It pisses me off because for 1 thing, they're demanding it with threats of fines blah, blah, blah.
It's none of they're damm business what I do with it and especially where it's at. They already have access to all of the information about what the truck is, and if they had a clue, check DMV records and you could probably guess where it's parked.
GMC Denali's were all pretty much identical with their options. I think 75% of them were black like ours.
And another weird thing, our insurance went down on every vehicle we registered in Idaho EXCEPT, the Denali. I asked why was that? They don't know. really????
On this survey they have my VIN tattooed on the cover page.
They Obviously have it's "home base" figured out just by the mail.
So what could they possibly learn through their "survey".
It smells and I don't like it.
Has anyone else received one of these before?
What a waste of money.

·
Premium Member
5,123 Posts
They haven't asked me about any vehicles. Sounds like a scammer to me .

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts
deleted

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
They probably just want to ask you about your warranty..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Petes L48

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
It was the exodus to Idaho, your labeled now:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just watched the video that roger posted. So they want to know how many of these vehicles are still on the road? well, if it's still registered. WE'RE PROBABLY STILL DRIVING IT!!!
Nothing good ever comes from a govt. survey in my opinion. I think they want to "learn" how to squeeze you out of it. LOL:rolleyes:

Reactions: rogerh

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do not answer, it is not the Census Bureau but one of their stooge contractors who want the info for political reasons. They bothered me too, until I told them I was a retired IRS investigator, it then all stopped.

·
Registered
1967 Camaro Convertible SS396 "clone", 1967 RS coupe 327-SOLD
20 Posts
The alphabet agencies are probably looking to "appropriate" said Denali's for themselves because new ones are backordered, like all other new cars.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I guess you fully filled out the census form.
That form is same thing as a spammer email or phone call. You don't have to answer most questions on the questionnaire and none on their follow ups. Only items dealing with actual population at the address is required.

Send it back and tell them it is none of their business how you use your vehicles. It is private info not required by the Constitution.

·
Premium Member
5,123 Posts
I would ignore it. It's spam or everyone with a big SUV would have gotten the same survey. That's my opinion.

Reactions: rp930

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The Govt wants to track everything we do and control our behavior as well. . . . . .put your mask back on!!! Oh and they want us to buy an EV as the gas is too expensive.
I don't have enough fire insurance to have an EV.

·
Premium Member
5,285 Posts
The Govt wants to track everything we do and control our behavior as well. . . . . .put your mask back on!!! Oh and they want us to buy an EV as the gas is too expensive.
And they told us to buy diesel vehicles because fuel was cheaper, then changed the fuel recipe to make it more expensive. If their lips are moving they are lying.

Reactions: jimnecci

·
Registered
1969 RS Z/28
25 Posts
So we just got our third notice in the mail from the Census Bureau demanding to know what we use our Denali for, what we haul in it, how it's configured ect.
They're calling it a Vehicle Inventory and use survey.
They want to know when we bought it.
They ask for Physical Characteristics of the vehicle. WHY DON'T YOU GOOGLE IT A-HOLES. really?????
They want to know what transmission
How many axles, basically everything that they can find out through google. It's a 2001 GMC Denali, it's not hard.
But it doesn't end there, they want to know how many months out of the year we use it, how many hours a day.
They want to know WHERE IT'S PARKED!!!!!
Then they slide in with "How many other vehicles are used from this home base"?
How many miles did we drive it last year.
Who did the maintenance. And how much did it cost.
Where do we fuel it.
What we use it for.
It pisses me off because for 1 thing, they're demanding it with threats of fines blah, blah, blah.
It's none of they're damm business what I do with it and especially where it's at. They already have access to all of the information about what the truck is, and if they had a clue, check DMV records and you could probably guess where it's parked.
GMC Denali's were all pretty much identical with their options. I think 75% of them were black like ours.
And another weird thing, our insurance went down on every vehicle we registered in Idaho EXCEPT, the Denali. I asked why was that? They don't know. really????
On this survey they have my VIN tattooed on the cover page.
They Obviously have it's "home base" figured out just by the mail.
So what could they possibly learn through their "survey".
It smells and I don't like it.
Has anyone else received one of these before?
What a waste of money.
I received my census questionnaire in 2020 and they were asking questions I figured they didnt need to know about so I gave them snarky answers. Sooo, a few months later someone came to the house. Told him the govt didnt need to know the answers and he left. A month later a pitbull of a woman came and demanded answers. What is my ethnicity? Merican! How much is my house worth? Not for sale. How many bedrooms? 3rd amendment says I dont have to house troops, what? are they going to make me take in illegal aliens? She really wanted answers to these 2. Govt can get info from the county. Do I have college loans and how much? My education is paid for. She was just nasty. Finally threw her off the property

·
Registered
173 Posts
Strange how they have so much time to annoy individuals for stuff like that yet still have not processed my 2021 tax forms after almost four months. I try to minimize the amount they need to return to me but what there is, I want back in reasonable time. No, I don't file electronically to minimize the number of third parties that could access our financials.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts