1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Everyone isn't going to take the approach Leno does about driving old cars. Old cars are special but to the avg Joe if it's all they had to drive it would be just a car. Leave the old cars for the folks that understand they are special...

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I think that I drive safer in my camaro. After driving my 69 ragtop daily I think that my whole approach on driving changed. Like Leno said I am much more aware while driving one of my old beaters. In a way I suppose it's because I am anticipating or preparing for something to go wrong at any second... :D When driving one of my new vehicles I guess that I'm not thinking that way.

My 67 RS coupe should be ready to serve as my new daily driver by January! I think that it will be a nicer daily driver than the 69 ragtop was, although the "cool factor" won't be quite as high.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know what hes saying. I spent a lot of time traveling the 405 between Getty and Lax. Its very rough, people are adapting to a negative environment that is becoming more and more frequent in everyday lives. I just came from L.A. area to Belgium. Its a very different world when it comes to getting aroud and driving.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
hmm.. if everybody had an old car, then i bet people would drive better because they would know that they don't have air bags, ABS, and crumple zones to bail them out if they drive like idiots.
plus everyone would pay less to register their cars every year- at least until the state caught onto it and jacked up the licensing fees for al lthe old cars...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts