Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this article a few days ago. Makes a good case why supplier bashing is not acceptable here and the liabilty it can create. If you ever wondered why Al does not like it happening, this pretty much explains it.

Legal stuff on posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
That's all very well and good, but it still sucks that there are Camaro related businesses ripping people off, and even when we know about it, we can't tell the GOOD people that need to know. Oh well, life ain't fair, but we all know it's not the moderators faults.

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Lets not forget that folks can privately email back and forth all they want about a bad company and not put any liability on the site too.
If someone has a concern about a vendor they can simply post "for info. on XYZ company, email me" and I bet you get alot of response.
Its the publishing in an open forum like this that can get the site in trouble.
I agree we need to keep each other informed on the bad ones for sure. Its not the method we all wish we could use but its a safe one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Recounting your own factual experience (They didn't send me the parts I ordered three times in a row) is very different from character assassination (The thieves lied, cheated, and stole my money.) If there is no intentionally false or misleading statement, there is no libel. The key is to not get emotional about what happened and state the facts as they occurred. That being said, I understand the likelihood of everyone showing good judgment and restraint is low, so it's simpler to just prohibit it entirely to prevent misuse and liability- I get it. My experience on this site is limited, but so far it seems to be about sharing experience and opinions, as long as they are done so responsibly. I know that the moderators understand the difference, I just wanted to articulate it, because responsible freedom of speech is important to me, as it is everyone else on the forum. Thanks for listening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts