Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do my stereo speakers buzz with the engine RPM with the stereo off? And when I turn the key to the on position the speakers seem to load. You can see the woofer jump. What's up with this.
Points ignition, new resistor wires.
WHYYYYYYY!! LOL

------------------
Steve
67 396 race car project
67 SS 396,4-sp mothballed for resto
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350, under current resto
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Banned
33 Posts
you either have a bad ground, or in my case there is 3 wires that go to my amp excluding the speaker wires you have a red 12v wire, a black wire for your ground and another wire mine is blue but it can be any color that goes to your remote/electric antenna even if you dont have an electric antenna(like i dont 67 camaro) you still have to hook this up and make a good connection, check this out. Once i fixed mine right the speaker popping when turning on and off power stopped.

[This message has been edited by knightmoose2000 (edited 09-01-2002).]

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sounds to me like you have battery voltage getting to the speakers. Recheck your wiring for proper connections and shorts. 12 volts to a speaker can burn the voice coils out pretty quick.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sounds like to me the amp is not shutting off assuming you have one. The stereo preamp or head unit may be down, but the amp is on all the time? Maybe?

The problem is the ignition loading always has these spikes running around like demons. YOu will have to either install a large spike filter or turn the amp off with the head unit.
------------------
STEVE JACK
ConceptOne Pulleys and Brackets
Northern/Southern Rodder Magazine's "Jack'Stands" author and creator
Techical forum/links at www.inccn.net/techforum.htm

[This message has been edited by HOTRODSRJ (edited 09-02-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. There is a amp and I'll check the grounds and other wires. I'll let ya know if I fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts