Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my neice was over about 2-3 weeks ago and while I was working on the car, she was riding her bike around, and I went to install the O2 sensor in the exhaust and noticed it was not there. My neice was playing with it, and subsequently got it tangled up and was dragging it behind her bike around the street. Now it does have a couple scratches on the sensor, etc, but would it give me false readings now? The reason I ask is because remember on another threas I mentioned I get 0.00 @ idle, I revved it and saw the numbers showing, then the number increased to where the FAST setup thought it was too lean/above the meter's ability to read to it displayed all zero's...... Also now that I have it all together and its running I can't get it to idle worth a crap, it always idles then starts to die out, even after its warmed up with the current setup and O2, my cruising A/F while trying to get to Pleasanton I was getting readings around 18.0 while cruising @ 65. Any thoughts? Is it the sensor or do I need to fatten up my setup?

I am running a Procharger F1R 468 BBC with Devil's Own Methanol injection @ 50/50 mix progressive controller, turning on @ 2 psi, and full @ 7 psi.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Brad...I did not see ya there. Did you make it out??

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
Brad, why don't you borrow my handheld wideband and verify the readings. That will tell you if yours is right or not.

I'm tied up tomorrow with a family get-together here, but you're welcome to come by this afternoon or tomorrow morning and pick it up. Or maybe Sunday I can head up to your house and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Jody

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunday is probably best for me too, I will be in the bay area tonight and tomorrow (family gtg as well) and coming back saturday night late. Whatever we can do works for me Jody, I know driving it to you will be somewhat hard, since I have something loose somewhere and at 40 mph or above its pretty loud..... I'll PM you my cell.

Does you handheld have another 02 sensor? If it does that will definitely help, I thought use my 02 sensor and your controller.....

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
Sunday is probably best for me too, I will be in the bay area tonight and tomorrow (family gtg as well) and coming back saturday night late. Whatever we can do works for me Jody, I know driving it to you will be somewhat hard, since I have something loose somewhere and at 40 mph or above its pretty loud..... I'll PM you my cell.

Does you handheld have another 02 sensor? If it does that will definitely help, I thought use my 02 sensor and your controller.....
you'll want to remove your O2, and install mine with my handheld. It won't read yours, and we don't even know if yours reads right. To verify if you're really that lean we want to use a completely different wideband.

We don't have to do any driving, I mainly want to see what happening at idle, verify the a/f, and figure out why it's dying.

I think I also have a complete in dash gauge and sensor, but I'll have to check. The handheld is nice because you don't have to wire into your car at all, just plug the sensor in and plug into a 12v source for the wideband. Do you have a working cigarette lighter plug in your car?
Jody

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Zero is no bueno. Sensors and controllers go together. Have you got the controller that was made for that sensor? No O2 sensor should read 0 except when exposed only to the atmosphere. It'll either read 14.7:1 at stoich or have a lambda value of 1.0 at stoich. Of course idle and WOT will be richer than that, but it should cruize close to stoich. In short, when you start the motor it should immediatly show a bit rich.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jody, sorry we did not get a chance to get together over the weekend. After I posted my message I was off the computer until this morning. Maybe this weekend coming up? I don't have anything planned, if that works for you. I thought we would be using a new 02 sensor but I wanted to make sure for that same reason you posted, I want to make sure mine is working correctly. I do have a working Cig lighter, so that shouldn't be a problem. Talk to you soon.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
Hey Jody, sorry we did not get a chance to get together over the weekend. After I posted my message I was off the computer until this morning. Maybe this weekend coming up? I don't have anything planned, if that works for you. I thought we would be using a new 02 sensor but I wanted to make sure for that same reason you posted, I want to make sure mine is working correctly. I do have a working Cig lighter, so that shouldn't be a problem. Talk to you soon.
no problem, figured something happened. I should be around this weekend.

Jody

1 - 9 of 9 Posts