Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when it comes on no brakes power steering lights dim then it will go off and all is well may stay off one or two weeks then do it again no codes using a obd 2 autoscanner any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
2wd or 4wd?..im guessing 2wd!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
58xxx

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
You might want to do a visual on the rear abs sensors on the rear brake hubs for dirt and rust around the rings..1st step

·
Registered
226 Posts
You might want to do a visual on the rear abs sensors on the rear brake hubs for dirt and rust around the rings..1st step
yep what he said ,,, chek the sensors for brake dust buildup ,,, and you can trust him ... I hear hes really OLD :D

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Wheel speed sensor issues are pretty common. I've found a few that apparently were bad connections at the wheel speed sensor. (I always try the simple/cheap fix first). I separated the connector, buffed up the terminals with a bit of rolled-up sand paper, and tightened up the socket pins with a pick probe. Then I squirted a dab of dielectric grease in the socket, put it back together.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If its an 07 you should still be under factory warranty depending when you bought it.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally had to take it to the dealer the bcm has a short

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
finally had to take it to the dealer the bcm has a short
Ohhh Kay. Not quite sure what the BCM and ABS have in common, but then again I don't do this sort of thing for a living. Thanks for giving an update.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Probably means the ebcm. I've had to replace a couple ebcm's on equinoxes also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts