Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a set of rallys on EBAY they are 14x6 I have a 1968 coupe with non power drums and am trying to keep it somewhat factory do not want 15" will these fit ? thanks

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Should fit fine!

I ordered my '67 four wheel drum car with 14" x 6" body painted steel rims with dog-dish hubcaps..

D/70 Redlines and all...

Jerked them off for a set of CRAGAR deep-dish 14" x 6" chrome reverse!! Still have the stock rims and h/c's up on the shelf in the garage..

pdq67

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Learn something new all the time...didn't know you could get the rims painted to match the body color from the factory. Same in 68?

Thanks

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
ckaram,

My Mom went down to the ChevyBOPGimmy Dealer in town with me the afternoon I ordered my car back in Oct, '66. We went through the option list slowly as the Salesman explained all combinations as well as special order single options.

I remember distinctly the Salesman asking me a couple of times, what tires and rims I wanted on it AND I said, it does come stock with them doesn't it? I don't have to pay for tires and wheels do I?? AND he said yes, it comes with them on it and he went on to explain..

The SS cars come stock with Firestone D-70 Redline Wide-Oval and steel body painted, dog-dish hubcap wheels and tires on it and I said fine b/c I was going to pull them off and install CRAGAR deep dish chrome reverse as soon as I could save the money to buy a set!!

No need to buy optional fancy stock rims on it if I was just going to take them off anyway..

And he just nodded his head and agreed..

pdq67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts