Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at going with American torque rims and was wondering if 17"x8" will fit all the way around my car? If so what back spacing would I need? Then what size tire? thanks.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,626 Posts
What brakes? I have discs up front on mine and 17x8 with 4 3/4" backspacing works well. Is it lowered at all?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What brakes? I have discs up front on mine and 17x8 with 4 3/4" backspacing works well. Is it lowered at all?
4 piston disc brake front end and it isn't lowered any.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
313 Posts
I am also looking at a set of 17x8 in front and 17x9 in rear. I have disc brakes in front, and the front of my car is lowered 2" with the rear lowered 1-1/2". Does anyone know the minimum backspacing I would need? Oh yeah, and mine is a 67 if that matters.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
The seller told me the backspacing was 5.75" on all the wheels, which I'm virtually certain is too much for my car. He said he would re-measure and call me if his measurements were different.

I took my car down to my friend's shop and it looks like the biggest backspace I can get is about 4" on the front and 5" on the rear. Does that sound about right?
Anyone else know the answer?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here's my 17X8's w/ 4 1/2" backspacing

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
OK, rear on my car now.

17" x 8" Pony-car "Bullitts" at 5.72" b/s w/ disc's at .3" thick and cheap 7/16" spacers to remove a bit of B/S. And I just bought a pair of 1" adapters to better try to center them in my wheel well opening long ways so should be fine by me. And BTW, I have 1/2" Grade-8 studs to handle the extra bending moments created by everything NOT being on the flange like stock!

Front, it depends what the "Joe" is for the hub you are using??

"Joe" is the measurement from the flange mount face to the end of the hub out!

I ask this b/c stock drum hubs wheel track width is like 9/16" narrower PER SIDE than 2-piece and 1-piece rotor/hub cast is why and this has a DIRECT bearing on where your rim will fit center long-wise in the front wheel well... And in relation to the wheel well top lip.......

I want all of my front rims to have a stock of like 2.25" front spacing on DRUM HUBS on them to keep the rim lips from rubbing on the wheel well chrome at full droop!!

In other words, get your rim width in instead of out! My car had 14" x 7" w/ 3.5" b/s Fenton Slotted Mags and rubbed my lips at full droop and cut my front tires a schosh so I had to really watch this is all........

DO YOUR HOMEWORK HERE BIGTIME by me..

pdq67

pdq67

1 - 9 of 9 Posts