Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried this post in the Brakes, Suspension & Steering forum but I got no response, So I thought some of the Pro Touring guys may be able to help. I have a 67 with a LS3 with custom coil covers and I am getting ready to install my 9" single booster and master cylinder that came with my SSBC. disc conversion kit. The booster just hits the coil cover. I called SSBC. and they said go with what ever fits in a single booster, if I go with a duel there may be clearance issues with the master cylinder hitting the hood due to the duel being about 1.5 longer than a single and the Camaros boosters are tilted upwards. An 8" will clear my covers, I was wondering if any of you are running a 8" duel and how the clearance is on the stock cowl hood thanks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I don't have an LS3, but I do have a small block, with cowl hood. I did a conversion on my 68 Camaro and went with the 8 inch dual booster. The supplied "one size fits al"l bracket put the Master about 1 inch above the fender line. I really don't know how they come up with some of these kits.
I returned the bracket thinkiing it was the wrong one. The angle from the firewall was just too severe on the bracket. I explained the situation to the supplier and he found one for a 64 full size Chev that had almost no angle. It worked perfectly. I have also seen other guys who used the same kit, use washers as spacers to decrease the angle.
All I can say it that the 64 worked. I will try to hunt down a picture and post it later.
My kit came from The Right Stuff Detailing. It was about 2007, and things have changed on these kits. I probably should have gone for a more stock looking booster but I was not going for originallity. They work really well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you think they put so much angle on them from the factory, maybe more clearance around the steering box and exhaust?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to get input from guys like Stewie thats running them and if they did not have any fitment issues I could spend about 120 bucks and be done instead of paying 900 bucks. Thats hits the camaro budget hard but if I have no choice I will concider that option. What would I need to do a hydra boost set up for the 67 and LS?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a dual 8 inch that fits with my big block and LS master...I think it was a Tuff Stuff from Summit
Jason

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that is a sweet looking engine. I ordered a set up from Right Stuff, a duel 8" with a slime line master, I know it's not as small as your master so if it will not fit I will order the one you have from summit you have plenty of room. By the way is that a DSE wiper motor I have a issue with my stock wiper motor hitting?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts