Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a set of 69 convertible seats fit a coupe? I'm sure the fronts will work , but how about the rear? Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
They will fit if you get the rear arm rests and the rear side panels that go with a fold down rear seat. This is the piece between the package tray and the arm rests. It's a filler for the 4 or 5" gap that will result from using the shorter rear seat. I think it's a tough piece to come by.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
There's a set of filler/ armrests on ebay right now. Sorry, don't know the number--do a search under 69 camaro convertible

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent. Thanks guys!

Dan

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just out of curiosity... are the 'fold-down' rear seat panels/arm rests identical to the converts, in order to fill that width gap problem?

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
The arm rest part and the part over the quarter window crank is the same. It's the piece behind those two that fills the gap between the side of the seat back and the sail panel that is different. On a convertible, it's a box shaped piece that wraps around the convertible top frame and assist cylinders. On a coupe it's a curved piec that meets up with the headliner on the top, the quarter panel trim on the side, arm rest on the bottom and seat on the other side.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

·
Registered
6,513 Posts

·
11,298 Posts
Mark, Sorry, but the converts armrest (every piece!) is different from a coupe fold down. Except the ashtray

The coupe armrests are 7 inches longer than the converts. I have a set of each in the basement and just measured them.

Also the vertical part that fits behind the window crank is very different. The metal part is longer and configured differently (coupe vs convert qtr panel diff) and is much longer than the coupes too. I have those too. The only thing I don't have are the metal filler pieces.
Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, 3.55 posi too! Driver

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
I know the convertible parts are different, but the original question was would a convertible rear seat fit in the back of a coupe. The convertible rear seat is the same width as a fold down rear seat, and therfore you need the coupe rear side panel setup for a fold down seat to make it work. The parts in that ad (not my parts) are from a 68/69 coupe with a fold down rear seat or a 67 with either a fold down or deluxe interior. There are no convertible parts (except the seat) being discussed here, at least by me.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

·
11,298 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark C:
The arm rest part and the part over the quarter window crank is the same. It's the piece behind those two that fills the gap between the side of the seat back and the sail panel that is different. On a convertible, it's a box shaped piece that wraps around the convertible top frame and assist cylinders. On a coupe it's a curved piec that meets up with the headliner on the top, the quarter panel trim on the side, arm rest on the bottom and seat on the other side.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark, It's the first line about "The arm rest part and the part over the quarter window crank is the same" That's what I was referring to. If I took it wrong, then maybe others would too. I just wanted to clear things up. Kevin

[This message has been edited by KevinW (edited 12-07-2002).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts