Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a standard hood 67 Camaro. I'm close to buying single plane Prof. Products Hurricane manifold. It's 6.060 high.

I am replacing 327 w/383.

Any comments, pro or con, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have a super victor single plane with a drop base air cleaner under a stock cowl hood and it barely fits. I don't know if it would clear with a flat hood. I doubt it.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Is it about the size of a Team-G and the Victor jr's?
Or is it like the two mentioned above with a taller plenum like a 1" taller plenum?
Smaller plenum single planes will clear stock hood with a drop base.
Can you post a link or pic of the exact intake you are referring to?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
That looks like a cross between a victor and a team G to me, comparable in hight also.

I had the Team G, Edelbrock RPM and the dart dual plenum all under a factory ducted hood with a 6" K/N filter on a factory open element base.
I did have to trim the rear opening of the hood for clearance when opening/closing the hood since it fit up into the hood opening but it did fit. When sitting in the car you could see the breather through the rear opening of the hood.

Im nt 100% positive but I think the factory 302 intake is approx to the RPM and Victor Jr in hight? If this is correct then you wont have any problem fitting it under a flat hood with a standard sized filter and room to spare.

BTW.. From my experience the factory open element breather base that was used on the Z/28 and SS models without the ducted hood offer the lowest drop. I have only seen one other aftermarket that came close and cant remember the name of it. I bought it from a company that specializes in dirt track cars and it was made from spun aluminum.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
That intake basically looks EXACTLY like a Team-G
I ran one on a sbc with a drop base and 3" filter, stock flat hood, no issues with hitting the hood what so ever, and I even have thick insulation on the underside of the hood.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the imput guys....John and Jeremiah the Team-G comes in 3 different heights (4.5, 5.3, and 6.5 inches)...do you remember which you had?

The Victor JR comes in 4.5 and 5.5 inches.

The Super Victor is 5.5 inches

The Hurricane is 6 inches, so Im thinking it will hit.

I think its going to be Air Gap (4.5") or Victor Jr/Team-G (4.5")

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
this wont help i dont think, but maybe you can look up the specs

on my 69' i have a weiand xcellerator intake with a 4160 1850 carb and a regular round air cleaner

the stock z28 hood cleared it fine, the flat hood i have did not, it was about an inch too high

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thx for the imput guys....John and Jeremiah the Team-G comes in 3 different heights (4.5, 5.3, and 6.5 inches)...do you remember which you had?

The Victor JR comes in 4.5 and 5.5 inches.

The Super Victor is 5.5 inches

The Hurricane is 6 inches, so Im thinking it will hit.

I think its going to be Air Gap (4.5") or Victor Jr/Team-G (4.5")
Yea, I just had the standard Team G without the tall plenum. From my memory I still had enough room for a 1" spacer so he may still be fine so long as he runs the correct dropped base.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts