Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,My expertise is in the Mopar field.My son and I recently purchased a 76 Camaro to bracket race.Found it in Okla.Had to go down a dirt road to get to it---really!--For 2300.00 it was pretty rough but all intact.It has a pretty sweet little 350 small hyd cam,edelbrock performer intake and carb,headers,new B&M shifter,even a Pioneer stereo! Before long the car had a race converter,shift kit,centerline race wheels which we had powder coated black.Skinnies on the front,radial slicks on the back.A 8.5 10 bolt from a 70 model with 4:56 gears,eaton p-trac unit,moser axles,c clip elim kit and long wheel studs.Everything was going pretty good till we broke the turbo 350 bell housing in half!(those things are a little thin) Now we are back on track with a new tranny,solid mtr mnts,urethane tranny mount and alum body bushings.This should eliminate the flex I think broke the old case.Future plans include a fuel cell elec fuel pump,elec fan,water pump,and a 650 holley.Since we are a little new to the Chevy world I may ask some dumb questions.Will let Y'all know how it go,s

·
Super Moderator
32,338 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Newbies buy the first round, I'll have an iced tea.

The dumb questions are the ones not asked.

My thoughts are to replace the pass side solid mount with a soft one, leave the solid for the drvr side.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Team! :waving:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts