Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy these wheels and tires. They are the chrome 17x9 WS6 style wheels by SLP performance. The tires are 274/40/ZR17

I want to try and run these on my 67 convertible. I have measured the BS on these and its almost 7" or close as it was hard to get it perfect with the tires mounted. I know I will have to buy wheel adapters to make these work. What size adapters? Will front and rear adapters be different sizes?

Will this large of a tire and wheel work at all on the front??

I dont want to buy these if its going to be a huge pain to make them work??

Thanks in advance!!

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
I doubt the front's will fit, even with big adapters to clear the inner fender the tire will stick way outside the fender lip. I have seen them on a '67/'68 with about a 1 1/2" - 2" adapter but it required removing the inner fenders.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree with Dennis, more work than it's worth. Additionally the modern styling of those wheels doesn't really work well with the lines on a 1st gen.

·
Registered
288 Posts
From what I've seen and read, wheels from a fourth gen Camaro/TA require large spacers or won't fit at all. Look for wheels from a third gen (82 - 92) Camaro or S-10/Sonoma trucks, as most of those have a more appropriate backspacing.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I think I will pass on trying to put these on my 67 camaro. How about this---- will they fit my 98 2WD S10???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts