Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have 1969 camaro, stock ride and suspension. It looks lowered but since i bought it, i didnt touch the suspension, how can i check? Picture below for reference, can i measure the distance from the fender to the edge of the tire?

THat being said, would these fit http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Lexani-Wheels-LX-15-Black-Rims-Tires-Stagger-350Z-BMW-Camaro-Mercedes-LS460-/261048400368?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheel_Packages&hash=item3cc7b279f0&vxp=mtr

20's x 8.5 in the front and 20's 9.5 in the rear, 35 series tires. thanks

:D

·
14,014 Posts
Won't fit.

An IMHO why in the wide wide world of sports would you put 20s on the front.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Your car appears lower than stock height. I am not sure how to tell.

The wheels you selected might work. First you will need proper back spacing. Then you will most likely need disc brakes in the front and rear. I don't think drum brakes will accommodate those wheels.

They sell a certain type of tubular control arm that allows for wider tires which you may need.

The short answer is they will not be a bolt and go wheel.

I have 18x9.5 in the rears and 18x.8 in the front. My front rub a tad when make a full radius turn.

I have seen 20's on 69's before. If that is your taste then there is a way to make them work. I would suggest a staggered set up with 20's in the rear and 18's in the front.

That's my .2 cents worth.

Your car looks nice as is.... :yes:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
20's go on a 77 Caprice, not to comprise a 69 Camaro 17's 0r 18's any bigger costs $$$ and unless you modify the suspension rides like #@*&

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20's go on a 77 Caprice, not to comprise a 69 Camaro 17's 0r 18's any bigger costs $$$ and unless you modify the suspension rides like #@*&
that's your opinion; I don't understand, is this forum made for criticism or for help? I get if you don't like 20's on a Camaro, but voice your concerns else where, it's not helping me.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
that's your opinion; I don't understand, is this forum made for criticism or for help? I get if you don't like 20's on a Camaro, but voice your concerns else where, it's not helping me.
Hey Vic,

He was just voicing his opinion which we all (myself included) tend to do from time to time, especially when we see or hear of something to the extreme. Must say that the fever of your reply was actually more concerning though….

·
Premium Member
5,308 Posts
Hey Vic,

He was just voicing his opinion which we all (myself included) tend to do from time to time, especially when we see or hear of something to the extreme. Must say that the fever of your reply was actually more concerning though….
I side with the OP here. When I don't have anything helpful to say I try to keep my mouth shut. He asked if the wheels would fit not an opinion on if you liked them. After an opinion was given he calmly responded.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts