Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'd like to replace the Torq Thrust II's that are currently on my car due to the fact the rears need more backspacing. I could just get new rears but here is the dilema.. I really like the Torq Thrust M wheels in the ANTHRICITE finish but they don't come in the recommended dimensions. The car has disc brakes in the front if that matters, everything else is stock. I was wondering if I could get away with running the wheels in the following dimensions as they are the closest to what is recommended;
fronts- 17x8 with 4.5" backspacing with 235/45/17 tires
rears- 17x9 with 6.75" backspacing, 1.25" spacers and 275/40/17 tires.

Thanks, Eric

·
19,789 Posts
:noway: 6.75 bs

If you remove one rear wheel, you'll find that if you measure from the drum face to the inner wheelwell, only 6" (IF this is a stock rear and wheelwell)

A 1 1/4" spacer :noway: for me.

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
Don't use a spacer that size, what you want will cost you but is called an adapter. It bolts to your hub and has it's own studs to bolt the wheel to it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Don't use a spacer that size, what you want will cost you but is called an adapter. It bolts to your hub and has it's own studs to bolt the wheel to it.

So if I purchased these adapters (http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_5_Lug_4_75_To_5_Lug_4_75_p/5475-5475.htm) in the same bolt pattern with a thickness of 1.25" I could safely use this wheel/tire combo in the rear.. 17x9 with 6.75" backspacing and 275/40/17 tires. Would the front combination I asked about work (17x8 wheels with 4.5" backspacing and 235/45/17 tires)? Again, I appreciate everyone's help on this, I just would really like to use these wheels if at all possible.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I like the Vintage Wheel Works V40 also but their quite pricey....
They say you get what you pay for and if you're comparing a TTII to a VWW V-40...well,there is no comparision...:noway:
Much better quality wheel that you'll be proud to own many years from now.:yes:..and they're made here in the US,not some off-shore crap from China.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts