Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1968 Camaro and I want to go with tubular a-arms I have SBC disc brakes and there spindles. I ask Heidts and Hotchkis if there a-arms would work with these spindles and the only answer I got was they should. Has anyone ever used Heidts narrowed tubular a-arms or Hotchkis a-arms with SBC spindles? I would like to make sure they work before I spend that kind of money and really don't want to deal with returns. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Don

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
I used G;obal West and they work fine. Heidts should work as well. The ball joint stud is the same a s stock.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
If you get the Heidts narrowed a-arms ,,you will not be able to run a front sway bar. The factory sway bar will be to wide and if they say theres will work,,it will not. I tried it and then sent it back and had to pay the shipping back.

I have a set of narrowed ones on 2 cars. There great for my prostreet car and the protouring I am building,, I wish I had went standard size a-arms.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Before making any changes read Dave Pozzi's site: http://www.pozziracing.com/first_gen_suspension.htm
Narrowed is not recommended if you are looking for better handling from what I have read and you really only need the uppers. Any major brand should work with stock type spindles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info, Never gave that a thought about the sway bar and narrowed a-arms.
Thanks again,
Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts