Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurs to me that many of us have been working on these cars for years and are probably willing to help out someone who hasn't and is geographically close. I wonder if a forum (or some other mechanism?) for matching those willing to help with those that could use a hand might be a good idea?

Just a thought...

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Or just a geographical "support group" for the different areas/states/cities might be cool, ie the guys in/near Louisiana/S. Mississippi could meet once in a while and share ideas/problems etc?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Great idea..
I started a thread called "Colorado TC Members", quickly got a list of local TC names.

Al - I've seen other sites that have a world map, which when clicked on, zooms in with flags of local members.
..or maybe a simple folder structure, for members to post (or not post) there city/location info.

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Here was the map but some thoughts were that giving addresses might put 'bad guys' in the know for where these cars are housed. A valid point.
Map with 165 camaro folks

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
click said:
Here was the map but some thoughts were that giving addresses might put 'bad guys' in the know for where these cars are housed. A valid point.
Map with 165 camaro folks
I like the map. Is there personal info in there at all other than first name and zip code?

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
On our site the members list can be sorted by Country, it doesnt do it in the the list here.
Its usefull appication where members wish to source parrots from a local breeder.
The site , like this one is very INTERNATIONAL...something some of the posts above dont realize
Aussie, NZ, Finland, Neatherlands are regulars

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Steptoe said:
On our site the members list can be sorted by Country, it doesnt do it in the the list here.
Its usefull appication where members wish to source parrots from a local breeder.
The site , like this one is very INTERNATIONAL...something some of the posts above dont realize
Aussie, NZ, Finland, Neatherlands are regulars
Yeah, we need to find a way to get rid of those "down under" blokes! :D J/K!!

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
LMAO u guys have been trying to do that for 20 odd yrs m8...
Ever since we went nuke free, scaped ANZUS
What u dont know is we have the greatest FPS (forward prodiction system) in the world and know what u are up to a day before u even do.
Works like this.
As we are the 1st to see the new day, it means that we are a day ahead.
Right now it is 7:15 am Frid 12th u are still dealing with yesterday.

Confused? The answer will come to u tomorrow lol

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Count me in...... I would be on the receiving side, though. Since I am a total novice, never having turned a wrench before, I would GREATLY benefit from having hands-on experience. Just today I made a connection with a guy who has a place in the country and a huge shop full of tools, machines and cars. After our little get-aquainted meeting he has agreed to mentor me in "How To Work On Cars". It will be the most rudimentary of training, but I have to start somewhere. I offered my "services" (lending a hand, cleaning up, organizing, etc.) in exchange for him teaching me how things work.
I know that if I had a few people in the area I could connect with it would be awesome. It's frustrating for someone like me to read, hear and see what other people are doing to make forward progress with their cars when all I can do at this point is sit back, listen and learn. Certain people (like me) are "tactile visuals", menaing we have to see and do in order to learn. I have bought books, manuals, read through threads and different websites to try to leanr but, the bottom line is, I need to see how things are done in order to make progress. Just today I stopped at a garage to hang out with a bunch of strangers and see what tidbits I could pick up.
Over time I will get it, but it would be cool if I could get together with people that had a desire to share their knowledge and information.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
I dont know what its like over there...In NZ nearly every towm city, somewher i a radius of 3 to 40miles there is a Vintage/Hot Rod/classic car Club.
Most have a run of some sort 2x a month thru the summer.
They often have their own club rooms, and workshop...
Any person who wishes to get into cars, simply needs to join a club...Rarely is there a requirement to own one...It is better to join before owning because the club guys, advise help, even have a guys day out to look at a prospective purchase. Chances are they already know the history of the car going back decades.
We Dont have a Camaro Club in NZ..we started one in the early 80s...but thats another story

1 - 13 of 13 Posts