Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Team,

I’m in the possess of up grading my brake system on my 69. I’m converting from manual disc/drum, to all Manual Disc. Below is a break down of the Wilwood package I ordered. My question is two part.

First question: The kit comes with an adjustable proportioning valve. Can I replace that valve using a 4 Wheel Disc Proportioning Valve / Distribution Block Combination Valve? http://www.mattsclassicbowties.com/contents/en-us/d785.html

Second question: Should I still use the small valve mounted on the frame rail below the driver side door, or should I remove the valve and splice the lines together.

As always thank you!!

Wilwood Brake Package

140-10996-D 67-69 Camaro, 68-72Chevelle, 68-74 Nova, front 11"
1 Dynalite,Drilled, Black calipers

140-9315-D 'FDL P/S Park Brake Kit, Drilled / 1968-81 Camaro, 12 Bolt,
1 2.75" offset

1 260-9439-P Aluminum Tandem Master Cylinder - 7/8" bore - POLISHED 0.00
PC-Brake Kit

E-Brake cable, Braided front hoses, Braided Rear hose, Prop.
valve,

3 pints WW 570 DOT4 Brake fluid,

Safety wire pliers
& Safety wire

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy, Your pictures are a great resource and will be a tremendous help to me. I wanted to steer away from the adjustable valve. I understand they can be tricky to dial in. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks, Joe

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
I have the prop valve inline but it is adjusted all the way in to give full pressure to the rears. I found that it worked best that way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy, what size brake line are you running from your adjustable Proport valve to the rear of you car. 3/16??

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
I am leery of the "combo" valves. There are a lot of factors that should go into the valving in that valve (of which I know little), such as vehicle weight, weight bias, tire sizes, rubber compound,caliper piston bore sizes, etc. To produce one valve that magically is right or correct seems a bit far fetched. Do you realize that most disc/drum 1st gen Camaros had NO proprtioning valve? Yet all of these aftermarket kits offer the magical valve that makes it all right. As I said, I'm leery. I'd way rather have an adjustable valve, which I do. That said, I run the sucker wide open.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
Randy, what size brake line are you running from your adjustable Proport valve to the rear of you car. 3/16??

Thanks, Joe
To be honest I don't know for sure. I do know that they are stainless and a royal pain to re-flare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts