Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
welcome to Team Camaro, its not real hard to adjust them but you need to remove the panel first.
There are 4 adjuster type nuts that can be loosened and the window can move up,down, forward, backward then. The internal parts might be pretty crudded up and there are plastic rollers and guides that might be broken or worn. The kits are cheap and when that whole area is cleaned up, they work great.
The 4 white arrows in the pic show where to adjust. The other bolt heads you see hold the mechanism to the frame work. The glass adjusts with the 4 nuts loosened just a little. You will get the feel for it as you go, good luck.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Before you stard adjusting, make sure the nylon rollers (actually they are glides) are in good shape, Also clean the track. I removed everything, marking the original adjustment stud locations, as well as location of the adjusting nut on the stud. I cleaned, painted and replaced a couple of the rollers.

Then, grease everything and reinstall in the original locations. Now it's time to adjust!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of grease do you recommend?
BTW Thank you for your help! I am a recent Classic camaro owner. I have owned a 2nd gen camaro a decade or so ago, but I have always dreaamed of owning a 1969 Camaro RS! I pick up my car in detroit this weekend. It's a Clone rs/z28. Which means i can drive it not stare at it in the garage all the time. I am sure i will need alot of help fixing all the little things that happen when you own cars like these and do appreciate any help offered! One more question .. the best place to get parts for my machine???

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of grease do you recommend?
BTW Thank you for your help! I am a recent Classic camaro owner. I have owned a 2nd gen camaro a decade or so ago, but I have always dreaamed of owning a 1969 Camaro RS! I pick up my car in detroit this weekend. It's a Clone rs/z28. Which means i can drive it not stare at it in the garage all the time. I am sure i will need alot of help fixing all the little things that happen when you own cars like these and do appreciate any help offered! One more question .. the best place to get parts for my machine???

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Grey, I use a synthetic grease for water resistance since that area can get moisture in it. The parts are at any of the resto companies like the one that helps sponsor our site here, Ground Up , there is a link to them at the top of the main tech page here.

Ground Up Resto Co

1 - 8 of 8 Posts