Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my clear covers on my 67's window cranks are discolored. The chrome is in good shape still. Any ideas of how I can replace them or clean them in any way. They have a yellowish cast to them

------------------
My 67

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the whole cranks for sale from Classic industries, did not see just the knobs. And no, not quite Petina, more of a amber lemon faux finish to it.

------------------
My 67

·
Registered
980 Posts
Keep the ones you have! One of my quarter windows hadn't been working for a number of years, and someone told me to try a GM crank. And wouldn't you know that even a new POS replacement crank wouldn't make the window roll down, but a 30 yr old used one did! So I found 4 used ones that were all close to the same yellow shade, and threw away the replacement crap. Cranking down the windows even feels more solid now.

------------------
68 Coupe, 350 4-speed
Jim's Camaro Corner

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I agree with the keep the one's you have comment. The new repro window cranks don't work ??? I have bought at least a dozen from several suppliers and only one or two stay engaged with the spline on the window regulator shaft.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I suppose I can either live with them or spray them black. And I really have to stop looking at ebay and first gen catalogs. A guy could go broke in a hurry. haha

------------------
Scotts 67

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.