Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the rear glass in my 73'camaro and i'm ready to re-install it wasn't properly put in when i purchased the car.Need some pointers on what adhesive to use,the thickness of the bead,how to correctly line it up for re-installation,what solvent to use to prep window and surface and anything i may have overlooked.
Thanx in advance for any advice.

350/400hp,m-21 muncie,richmond 3.73 posi.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually sicsD8 next to nothing will cost $125.00 which is the same amount the glass shop would charge me if the glass wasn't out,that's strange.I've done alot of work myself on my car and i don't mind paying someone else if it is something i can't do but i love a challenge.It's not like performing brain surgery i just wondered if anyone has been down this road before and could offer some advice.
73'camaro,350/400hp,muncie m-21,richmond 3.73posi

·
Registered
887 Posts
WOW! that's highway robbery. I've had front windows reinstalled by the local mobile glass guy for less than 30 bucks. try shopping around.

·
Premium Member
6,689 Posts
I got a local glass guy to put my windsheild and rear window in plus he put the stainless trim on for $60. He did it on the side for cash.

Do you know anyone who owns or works at a body shop? They may be the connection you need to find a deal done on the side like I did.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Clean your metal surface on the car real well. Set the glass in and masking tape some referance points for lineing it up.Cut the tape with a razor blade so the tape is on the car and glass. Brush on window sealing primer. Clean glass. Get some buytl tape from the auto parts store. I'm not sure if you use 3/8" or 5/16" dia tape. I think 3/8". Put your trim clips on the car. Place the tape into the edge channel so you leave a space for the water to drain. Install rubber stops from tape kit on bottom track to keep the window from slidding down and contacting the body. Get someone to help you place glass in the correct postion according to your masking tape marks. Push glass down from the center and not the edges to seal it well. Inspect the seal and push tape in with a paint stick anywhere it doesn't look sealed. Check it with water. Add trim.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx 4 the feedback guys anytime you can save a few bucks it is more than worth it to do a little research.When you're dealing with muscle cars if you save a couple of dollars in one area you can rest assured there is another area it can be spent on.I like to look at it as "saving to spend another day".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts