Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone offer me advice on the PROPER way to apply window tint?
i used to do it effortlessly years ago, but i somehow forgot what the heck to do, i wasted an entire roll today trying to tint one window, and had the same problem both times, in the top corner of the window i keep getting this air pocket about 4 inches long that runs diagonally, i squegee it out and it comes right back, i remember the trick used to be to add enough soap to the water to allow you to work out the kins and such, however this didnt seem to work this time. both times i got disgusted and tore the tint off the window.any suggestions
?

------------------
1984 Chevy Camaro (305)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beleive it or not i tried the pin trick, it didnt work. im leaning towards the pro to tell you the truth, im just trying to save a buck or two, seems like im in a hole $15 for the tint already, so i guess i should cut my losses at 15 and goto the pros. id never be able to do the rear window myself anyway its too damm big and to many curves,

------------------
1984 Chevy Camaro (305)

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
To me, it's well worth taking it to a pro. In your case, is it possible the glass wasn't 'sqeaky clean' and the film wasn't adhering?

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,Autogear M22,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a possibility, i did clean the glass really well, or so i thought anyway, im gonna make some calls monday and see what it will ost to have someone else do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts