Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and came up empty. I'm looking for a diagram of the wires that go to the windshield washer pump for my 69 rsss Camaro. Something is not right on my car as I have power at both terminals when I turn the wipers on so they pump fluid all the time. Can someone tell me what power/gnd I should have at the washer terminals when the wipers are on and the pump is off and what I should have when I depress the switch in the car to turn on the washer. Shouldn't pushing down the switch cause a gnd? I have 6 volts on one terminal and 12 on the other when my wipers are turned on. Searched the forum already for a schematic. Found many on wiper motor only. What does that switch do when pressed, make a gnd? Anyway's thx in advance.

·
Retired
16,017 Posts
Todd maybe this helps visually but the AIM has wiring diagrams too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In these pics I can't see the wires that are going into the windshield washer motor. I can only see the jumpered wires going into the headlight washer.

·
Retired
16,017 Posts
AIM is Assembly Instructional Manual... sorta the bible for all cars....buy the AIM for 69 camaro, you need it for any resto you are doing. :) available online or thru some of our site sponsors too.

Here is copy of a scan from AIM that I had stored, you can see wiper wiring at mid- right side of photo:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thx. And thx for the pics/link, the pics in the link were clear. I'll work on it later and let you know what I found.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's fixed. Someone tapped/spliced off my 6 volt wire that goes to my washer motor and ran it to the + side of my elec choke. It was getting a ground through my choke. I guess that's why my choke didn't work, was only getting 6 volts. Now I have to try to figure out where I'm going to get 12 volts for my choke.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Todd for the choke - Run a fresh line from the horn relay main power bus if you want it live all the time, or run a new line from the ignition spade of the fuse panel out the firewall in the small Tachometer signal wire hole in the lower right corner of the fire wall - this was used for Tachometer signal wire only in factory A/C vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts