Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wiper motor that came out of a 1969 RS. It has a soleoid attached to 2 fittings for hose under the motor. This in addition to the regular washer pump. What is it??

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
All RS's all had a headlight washer system, in addition to the windshield washer system. I suspect what you are describing is the hose that originally routed to the headlights. It was also available on standard headlights, but it is a very rare option.

·
Retired
16,045 Posts
The hose unit on the underside of the motor is the one for the windshield, the solenoid and hose bibs on the top of the motor are the ones for the headlight washer nozzels that are bolted above the headlights.
That type RS motor unit in good condition recently sold on Ebay for nearly $800. Dont drop it

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The motor and pump are the same on all. This unit just bolts underneath so it would work with any wiper motor. How can I test it to be sure it is good? I won't be using it so although I don't expect $800 anyone interested email me an offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.