Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble getting the windshield wiper linkage working correctly on my '68. I don’t seem to have enough travel in the linkage. When my wiper motor is in its “home” position, the linkage lines up perfectly. The problem is that when the motor starts to rotate, the linkage only has enough travel to follow the motor back to it’s centerline. The motor still wants to go around the other half of it’s travel, but the linkage will not go that far.

Any idea as to what the problem might be? It has been a long time since I took the linkage off, so I don’t remember exactly how it came apart, but I don’t really see another way to hook it up.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
538 Posts
This may sound a little dumb but, did you buy new mounting screws for the linkage? If so, did you trim them down? I put my linkage on my 69 and had the same thing happen. Turned out to be the new screws that I bought from Ricks and I never trimmed them. Hence, they were restricting the linkage/wiper motor from traveling through it's full rotation. Just a thought.

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear(soon to be a BT 12 bolt), PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750, FlowMaster American Thunder Exhaust, FlowTech Headers

·
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
camaros.net,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't you just love it

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
228 Posts
clill I know what you mean but hey at least they still make stuff (OR TRY) for our car's just think if you had a studebaker ???? bet you would not be buying new wiper part's !!

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
538 Posts
Glad it worked out. I love this site

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear(soon to be a BT 12 bolt), PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750, FlowMaster American Thunder Exhaust, FlowTech Headers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts