Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
Discussion Starter #1
just showing off my little winter project. i can't sit still or leave well enough alone and here in the North East driving weather is over for a couple months. decided to take the plunge to nitrous this winter since the car has quickly become more street / strip than the original intent of cruiser. i kinda figured it would go that way..lol.

i went with an Induction Solutions plate system and going to start off conservative with 100 shot. decided to go ahead and do a cam swap at the same time as well as finally take care of some of the annoying issues that i've just put up with for a while. i've been dealing with poor belt alignment and overall belt shredding since day one so i went with a CVF racing serpentine accessory kit, wish I'd done this sooner. the only hold up with this kit is that my block ('74 400 block) did not have the holes drilled and tapped on the drivers side for power steering brackets. my old brackets hung off of the water pump. i was a little intimidated about drilling the block at first but it really wasn't an issue in the end. i do everything in a single car garage without a lift so I've tried to avoid pulling the engine for stuff like this. all this was done with the motor in the car. i know, i know...

so far, ive completed the cam swap, re-engineered my fuel system to install a return line and different regulator, added rocker stud girdles due to the pretty rowdy cam and planned 100 shot, completely ported my Victor Jr. intake all the way through to port match to the AFR heads, installed the accessory kit and a new radiator and fan combo from cold case. old E-fan was a flex-a-lite black magic fan with built in controller and the spade connection coming from the board didn't survive the disconnect so i figured it was a good time to upgrade. i have the N20 Plate installed and now the next step is to complete that wiring and mount / plumb bottle in trunk.

fired it up for the first time last night and all looked well. took it down the street and this sucker pulls HARD. only problem is when i got back and pulled it in the garage i noticed i have an oil leak at the front china wall of the intake馃槨. now the intake has to come back off. just put $100 worth of Brad Penn oil in it and filled radiator with 2.5 gal of coolant. going to try to drain coolant to a clean bucket and re-use. going to try to be very careful in R&R intake and gasket material to see if i can get more that 1.5 mile and 10 minutes of run time out of the oil....lol
Wish me luck!!

Registered
I have used those funnel paint filters to pour re-use coolant through that was fresh but needed to come out for "oh by the way" issues like your intake leak. Could probably do it with the oil also

100 shot of sauce should really wake up the motor. Make sure your fueling system is spot on (A/F).

Your pistons forged?
4 bolt?

Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
Discussion Starter #3
funnel definitely in the plans. have O2 sensor and AFR gauge to tune carb with new Cam and components. all forged internals and splayed caps. should be good to hold upto a 200 shot. still a factory block so we will see. not looking to find the weak point yet, just looking for low 10's. anything more than around 150 shot and i will need to run a dedicated enrichment system with separate fuel pump. right now the pump i have will accommodate the engine and spray. baby steps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts