Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
Anyone have the polished stainless wiper arms?? I have a '68 convertible and am looking to go with the polsihed rather than the brushed. The polished ones I got from Rick's are two colors (bright almost chrome for the knuckle and like a yellowish on the arm part). I callled them and got the "that's the way they all are" answer...
Anyone know of any other vendors/dealers that carry quality polished stainless wiper arms that are at least all one color? If not, I'm thinking maybe another pair from Rick's. I guess it's worth a try...
Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
It's very possible the knuckle is chromed as it may be pot metal or steel, and the rest of the arm is stainless. When you put chrome and stainless together, the stainless does look yellow. That's why my chromer refused to let me use "stock" bumper bolts on my car. He demanded carriage bolts, he smoothed and chromed them. He was right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.