Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ...

For some reason, my wiper motor keeps blowing the 10 amp fuse in the fuse panel whenever it's turned on with the wiper switch.

I replaced the wiper motor with a new unit thinking that maybe because of it's age, it was shorting internally but the new motor didn't change anything ...

I've attached a picture of how I currently have the wiper motor wired and you'll also see that I'm not running a washer bottle ... I typically have the washer bottle connector wrapped securely in electrical tape and placed out of harms way.

The wiring kit that I used is the American Autowire Classic Update kit and it also came with a supplied Wiper Switch that was just plug and play ...

Do you see anything out of the ordinary with my wiring? Any ideas? Does the wiring change when not using the washer bottle?

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is the wiper motor supposed to make a ground connection to the firewall on a '68 Camaro?

If so, I may have painted the firewall and wiper motor too much ...

I'm going to use a test light and check some of the wiring ...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have wipers ... :)

After checking various scenarios, I noticed that the connector at the top of the pic that I supplied needed to be reversed ... The power was going to the wrong side ...

Man ... All of my new vehicles have spoiled me I guess ... these older wiper motors seem very slow compared to the modern deals ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts