Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wipers have never worked decided to fix them. Pulled motor and tested, motor works. Put on car plugged in and keeps blowing fuse. Checked the 3 pins and every thing is connected including housing.

SO with the multimeter set to test continuity, Pin 1, Pin 2, Pin 3 and housing (ground) are all showing that they are connected. Should this be so? It is a new (rebuilt) Motor but I know it may have issues. Just want to check before I go an swap it out.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Wipers have never worked decided to fix them. Pulled motor and tested, motor works. Put on car plugged in and keeps blowing fuse. Checked the 3 pins and every thing is connected including housing.

SO with the multimeter set to test continuity, Pin 1, Pin 2, Pin 3 and housing (ground) are all showing that they are connected. Should this be so? It is a new (rebuilt) Motor but I know it may have issues. Just want to check before I go an swap it out.
Have you verified the wires from the firewall connector are installed on the proper pins? Facing the assembly as installed, install the "black" wire on the far left pin...the "light blue" wire on the middle pin, and the "yellow" wire on the right. The yellow is 12V from the fuse block. Light blue operates the low speed and the black operates the high speed. With the wiper motor off the car, there should be continuity between all 3 pins which create 2 circuits for low and high speed, however, there should be "NO" continuity to ground from any of the pins. If so, the windings are shorted in the motor. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply been traveling. I verified the wiring from what I could find on here. All 3 pins have continuity with each other and the housing.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Bench test it and see if the motor can actually spin without getting stuck under pressure. May need a rebuild.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts