Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a few incredible pro tour cars in magazines sporting what looks like an modern wiper motor. Anyone have any idea what it is. I'd like to add one one to my build.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I see a few incredible pro tour cars in magazines sporting what looks like an modern wiper motor. Anyone have any idea what it is. I'd like to add one one to my build.
You'll love the DSE wiper motor.

7 speeds with 5 delays.

Complete with harness and switch.

Do I love mine? >:yes:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have a 1967 RS/SS Camaro coupe with a 454 engine installed. Well as with most big block engines with tall valve covers it hits on the wiper motor. I tried turning it in different positions but nothing worked. I broke down and bought one of the wiper motors from DSE. I really feel bad for anyone that want to purchase a wiper motor from them now. When I purchased mine it must of been around 2004 and I paid $299.00 + s&h. The price now is $525.00 and it is only a wiper motor with no windshield washer. In my opinion it really sucks.

·
14,516 Posts
Another vote for rain gear

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Newport looks like the way to go for me I have no intention to drive in the rain anyway. Just for looks and In case I do need it.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
Man, I want to say I paid $225 for my Detroit speed wiper motor.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I bought the Newport Engineering wiper motor for my 67 Camaro and I like the fact that you can use the factory knob and still have delay wipers.

·
Registered
781 Posts
This is one slick system, and amazing quality. Took me about 2 hours to install

·
Registered
781 Posts
Mickey, you can see in the upper right hand area of the pic, wiring through a supplied grommet goes directly to the supplied switch, I have not finished the wiring as I have a LOT of wiring going on with the new LS motor, but it looks simple enough

Steve

·
Registered
209 Posts
The RainGear is a neat install. It does not use the factory wiring, it leaves the firewall completely free of a wiper motor. I purchased one from Matt at MCB. Best price I have found.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts