Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just putting my camaro back together and the wipers are driving me crazy. they appear to be stopping on the full up position. i've checked my wires and they seem right. they worked fine before the dash and wiper motor where removed two years ago for restoration.
69 z28

·
11,267 Posts
Trezpan, was that your car at Gary Besty's a while back? I'm looking for references before sending mine to him.

Wipers... haven't worked on them for while. The wiper motor arm, if I remember correctly, can be mounted 2 ways (180 deg off.) Did you run the motor and let it stop before attaching the arm? Then the wiper motor arm should point to the drivers side, then adjust the wipers themselves. Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 ragtop, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69' Hugger Orange Z-21 ragtop 327/PG, Driver

·
Registered
93 Posts
Trezpan,

There are index marks on the gear box of the wiper motor and the arm that attaches to the wiper arm links. Make sure you align these marks. You most likely got this on 90 degrees out. Sorry for the non technical descriptions, but I don't know the terms for these parts. Someone else may be able to give a better description.

H-dog

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
What's up trezpan? I'd like to check out your car sometime since mine will look very similar to yours. Maybe that will help motivate me more and get me working on the car. Talk t oyou later, Jeff H.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged), Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes & crossram

1 - 5 of 5 Posts