Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I’ve got me a new engine wiring harness from AAW that looks like this

My wiper motor looks like this

And I have this little thing on the pass side firewall that appears to be a small pump(?) as there is a hose coming from the washer fluid reservoir that goes into it then comes out and goes to the washer hoses up to the windshield.

My wiring diagram isn’t helping me much. I’m thinking the Wiper Washer Switch Terminal View at the bottom is what I’m looking at on my firewall .

Everything worked before but the wiring under the hood was such a mess I removed it and got the AAW harness. I did a search and from all the pics I see it looks like my wiper motor should have another part to it that would plug onto the three terminals on my firewall, and that missing component is what I would plug the AAW wires into, correct or am I way off??

I’m not looking to buy more parts now, it worked before so it can work again, I’m just not sure what to plug where and what about the extra plugs on my new wires?

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Looks like you have an non standard washer pump installed on your 69. The original is part of the wiper assembly housing and would be covering the exposed connection tabs on the wiper mounting plate. The harness would plug into that connector then the second connection to the pump. If you had RS then a set of jumper leads would go from the pump connector over to the RS headlight washer solenoid.

So you can either make a connector to run black/yellow and blue over to your washer pump, or get a correct washer-pump and housing cover from Ricks or Classic to make it factory correct.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you have an non standard washer pump installed on your 69. The original is part of the wiper assembly housing and would be covering the exposed connection tabs on the wiper mounting plate. The harness would plug into that connector then the second connection to the pump. If you had RS then a set of jumper leads would go from the pump connector over to the RS headlight washer solenoid.

So you can either make a connector to run black/yellow and blue over to your washer pump, or get a correct washer-pump and housing cover from Ricks or Classic to make it factory correct.
Thanks. For now I'm not worried about the washer pump, so if I'm right, I should be able to plug in the black and two blues to the three terminals I have following the order on the switch diagram and the wipers should work I just won't have any washers until I do it right.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I just found a pump on Classic that looks just like mine with the notation "Wiper motors do not include the washer pump unless otherwise noted." Looks like when the time comes I can buy the correct pump and put it on but for now, like I said, I'm only worried about making the wipers work.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. It's gonna be a while, I still to round up a few more wiring harnesses but I think when the time comes I should be able to figure it out from these posts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where there are no computers to fry the worst thing that can happen if I get it wrong is I blow a fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts