Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wipers come on when I hit a bump the right way and wont shut off unless I hold them down with my hand

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry, I don't have an answer. But, you did make me chuckle!

Alas, mine don't work at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh, and I should add... looks like this is your first post? Welcome. This is a great site. I am sure someone (smarter than I) will have some ideas on solutions.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Had a problem similar to this on my friend's '68. There should be some sort of washer between the motor shaft and the linkage arm. I don't remember if it's rubber or fiber. This puts a small amount of drag on the motor so when you turn them off the motor doesn't coast past the dead spot on the wiper return contacts and start up again. On my friend's car once you turned them on they wouldn't stop unless you held them down like you stated above. I couldn't find the washer in my resto catalog, but it's worth checking into. Welcome and good luck.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11

·
Registered
538 Posts
So? You have to replace the motor all together? I finally fired my car up three weeks ago and have since jumped into double checking the electrical system (lights, grounds, heater, dash etc.) and when I hit the washer (part of the wiper switch) it starts spitting the fluid but then it won't quit unless I turn the wipers off all together? So there is no hope? Just replace it?

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear, PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750, FlowMaster American Thunder Exhaust, FlowTech Headers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts