Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O K electrical wizards, I have a problem. Wipers on our 69 Camaro just suddenly stopped working(?). Everything else (lights etc.) seems to be oK. I'm thinking that I have 1 of 3 possible problems: bad ground, bad switch, and/or bad motor. I'm trying to narrow this down with some sort of systematic approach. What should I try first?? HELP!!! Thanks, Don

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
O K electrical wizards, I have a problem. Wipers on our 69 Camaro just suddenly stopped working(?). Everything else (lights etc.) seems to be oK. I'm thinking that I have 1 of 3 possible problems: bad ground, bad switch, and/or bad motor. I'm trying to narrow this down with some sort of systematic approach. What should I try first?? HELP!!! Thanks, Don
Obvious question.......did you check the fuse in the fuse block???

David F.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David,
Thanks for quick response. Yes, fuse looks OK. (Not my luck for it to be something that siimple)!!! Not sure about next step. Obviously looking to whittle away starting with simpliest potential problem first. Don

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
David,
Thanks for quick response. Yes, fuse looks OK. (Not my luck for it to be something that siimple)!!! Not sure about next step. Obviously looking to whittle away starting with simpliest potential problem first. Don
Don,
You can check the wiper motor by unplugging the electrical connection, then using 2 jumper wires connecting them directly to wiper motor from the battery, if the motor functions,you can eliminate it as the problem and start checking grounds. The wiper switch itself grounds to the dash, check to see if that ground is still intact. If that ground checks out, it's probably the switch.

David F.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David,

Thankyou very much for the detailed info. Exactly what I was looking for. We'll start working in that direction. Thanks again, Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts